Sunday, November 30, 2008

Scandinavian folk-inspired holiday decor

I've been seeing these great Scandinavian-themed decorations in several stores this year: red & natural wood in JoAnns and/or Michaels, red & white in Target, and red & yellow & green in KMart.

Target red flocked ornaments


Target metal ornaments


KMart Martha Stewart "Yuletide Cheer" felt tree toppers


Crate & Barrel felt mini-stocking ornaments (I haven't seen them in person, but oh my are they cute! and pricey...)



KMart also has some cute table runners, tablecloths, and napkins that go with the theme -- sadly, they are sold out...



I'm trying to stick to blue & white & silver stars & snowflakes, but if I had the $$$ to really decorate the whole house, I'd have to get a bunch of this red stuff too. It's so cheery, and would fit in with the "northern Europe" look I'm creating for my whole house.

No comments: