Tuesday, November 25, 2008

soup tureen

Country Home magazine runs a regular feature, "What's Hot." In the November 2008 issue, they featured soup tureens.


Now, I've had this Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne soup tureen since 1993 -- but never really had a place to display it. It has lived in the back of the cupboard for ages -- and I don't think it's ever been used.... In October, I was doing some cleaning & decorating to prepare for houseguests, and I decided to pull it out. This was before I read the magazine, actually. Guess I was on the same wavelength!


My tureen is shown here with a vintage platter I won on ebay a couple years ago. I had intended to hang the platter on the wall, maybe surrounded by some other blue & white plates, but it just hasn't happened yet. It did come in very handy for holding the turkey last week! :-)

No comments: